This week in 60 seconds…
- AirPods will be given a new Live Listen feature in its latest update, allowing users to drown out background noise using your handset – is this a step towards Apple’s voice augmented reality?
- From AR to VR, our Art Director Harry Wright has been discussing whether virtual reality could speed up human development using social learning theory
- Sticking to the tech theme, drones are being taught, yes taught, how to spot violent behaviour in crowds using AI
- And in other news, Instagram is introducing hour long videos. Could this spell trouble for YouTube, given the size of Instagram’s ever growing audience
- Finally, Heineken has taken hugely positive steps by appointing Maggie Timoney as CEO, making her the first woman to lead a major American beer company
A final thought…
The new hour long videos on Instagram are hinted to be an extension of Stories and the use of the vertical format. The new feature is bound to explode in popularity within the first week of its launch. So, start thinking of awesome longer video content ideas so your brand can hit the ground running.
It may seem like a fantasy that Instagram could ever touch the video behemoth that is YouTube with regards to viewing figures. However, YouTube is visited by around 30 million people per day which pales in comparison to Instagram’s 500 million daily active users. When you put it like that, you can’t blame people at YouTube for being a tad nervous at Instagram’s latest concept.